CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mystery Tomatoes

This year's garden plan calls for a row of Early Girl tomatoes, a row of Roma tomatoes and a row of mystery tomatoes.

Mystery tomatoes? When I planned the garden I hadn't decided what type the third row would be, so they were a mystery. Fits, right?

Yesterday we went to the greenhouse to solve the mystery. There were so many varieties to choose from, it was no easy task. Determinate or indeterminate? Heirloom or hybrid? Yellow? Red? Orange? Or maybe striped?

Eventually I wandered off to sniff the pots of herbs. I left my dad and husband in charge of choosing the mystery tomatoes.

Know what they decided on? Big Boys. That's right, the third row of tomatoes will be Big Boy tomatoes. Now, doesn't that just figure? *G*




1 comments:

Dru said...

I never heard of Big Boys tomatoes. What makes them different from the others?